Ursinus Center for Advocacy, Responsibility and Engagement
Our aim and purpose is to improve civic engagement by students, which ultimately promotes the bond between students, our community and our institutional vision to influence society in future generations.
Our goal is to help students from all walks of life develop a belief in and sense of allegiance to social and civic responsibility.
This office is committed to linking all students to come together under the same vision by facilitating the desire and ability to make a difference in our classrooms, on our campus and in our communities.
- Inspire thoughtful and positive civic involvement of all students
Through disseminating civic engagement and service opportunities via our office, weekly newsletter, website and emails
- Empower students to think critically and become agents of change
Through experiential learning opportunities-civic engagement courses, community based learning practicums and community based research projects
- Promote community partnerships through developing new relationships with outside organizationsThrough weekly service opportunities and our semi-annual Community Week
- Aids in providing opportunities for students to engage in the world around them and creates avenues for leadership seeking positive change
- Helps coordinate cross-campus mobilization of service efforts by connecting students with a common desire of being actively involved
- Fosters civic responsibility while engaging students in meaningful service activities not only to contribute to the local community but also to expand their intellectual knowledge of the social/historical/political elements that impact the communities
- Strengthens sustainable partnerships between campus groups and community organizations where the greater community benefits from coordination and collaboration
- Encourages faculty and students in academic civic engagement, including volunteering, action research, internships, community-based learning, community based projects and social activism