How to Request a one-on-one Tutor
Before you request a one-on-one tutor:
- Schedule an appointment to talk to your professor about how you are doing in the class, and ask questions about the material.
- If the subject has a resource room (i.e. math help room, physics help room, or writing center), attend and ask the tutors there for help (they are likely the same tutors who would be assigned to tutor your subject.
- To receive a Chemistry tutor in Oraganic or General Chemistry you must also attend PASS sessions. You can sign up for PASS by emailing Melissa LoRusso at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't wait since the size of PASS sections is small.
- To receive a Biology 101 or 102 tutor you must also attend SI sessions which are assigned by your class sections in Biology. Ask your professor for further details.
Although we make every effort to fulfill tutoring requests within a reasonable time frame, there are some factors that can affect our ability to meet your request:
- Signing up late in the semester after many other students have requested tutors in the same area. (In rare cases a tutor may work with two or three students together to enable as many students as possible to receive help.)
- Signing up for an advanced level (300 or above) course which only majors take. (Most students who are taking advanced courses in their major, should make an effort to form a study group to prepare for exams if a tutor is not available.)
- Being too restricted in whom you request as a tutor or when you can meet your tutor.
Making a Tutoring Appointment
Please complete the Tutor Request Form.
After you have completed the Tutor Request Form and submitted it to the Center for Academic Support (lower level of Myrin Library), you will receive an email identifying your assigned tutor. Once you’ve received your tutor assignment, you can visit the online scheduler at http://ursinus.mywconline.com to schedule an appointment.
We encourage you to make regular, recurring appointments with your tutor. You are required to meet at least 30 minutes per week with your tutor to a maximum of 120 minutes per week. There is no cost for this service.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.