Request a Workshop today!
Online Survey Software - Qualtrics
Survey logic can be used to present only the questions that are relevant to a respondent, send email alerts to users based on a respondent’s answer or survey score, trigger a certain completion event, and much more. Export data to use in other program such as SPSS or create your own reports.
Survey creation tools allow you to choose from a range of options:
- Question types
- Completion emails sent automatically
- Secure surveys/forms only available to those on a list
- Scored surveys
- Advanced reporting
In this workshop you will create and launch a survey and run a report. Please remember to bring your laptop and survey questions in a digital format.
GoToMeeting and WebEx
Online conferencing lets you connect with anyone, anywhere, in real time. GoToMeeting and WebEx allows for presentation, desktop sharing, VOIP or phone conferencing, and video, so all attendees see the same thing while you meet.
What do you need?
To get the most out of an online conference, here's all you'll need:
A computer or wireless device with an Internet connection
An audio connection - either through your computer or phone
A webcam (optional)
It's more than just meetings
Online conferencing lets you do almost anything you can do face-to-face.
- Hold a webinar or conference
- Give a demonstration
- Make a presentation
- Conduct online training
- Bring in a guest Speaker
In this workshop you will experience hands on use of GoToMeeting and/or WebEx and brainstorm uses in your teaching and student learning.
You need not be physically present and participate from your own computer on or off campus.
Blackboard version 9.1
Whether you are a new or seasoned user of BlackBoard you will learn the ins and outs of building your course or something new from the recent update.
Turning Technologies Responders
Instructional Technology offers a a class pack of one receiver and thirty responders for use by faculty. This pack can be reserved by filling out the equipment signout form.
Student response technology is an effective tool that helps facilitate pedagogical best practices and enhance student learning.
- Transform your classroom into an interactive and engaging learning environment.
- Experience increased attendance and participation - even from those quiet, back-of-the-lecture-hall students.
- Create open discussions that are fueled by students, rather than forced by you.
- Gauge student understanding instantly with visual charts in real-time.
- Provide students review questions that are reflective of their understanding, not just what you think they need work on.
- Check reading assignments instantly with short quizzes before class and grade assignments instantly.
The positive impact student response technology has on classroom environments has been documented in multiple published research papers, educational articles and real-life success stories. It has the ability to enhance student engagement and encourage whole class participation creates a truly unique learning environment.
Web 2.0 in Teaching and Learning
Join us for some new and not so new Web 2.0 offerings. We will demonstrate some new tools and how they may be used in or out of the classroom.
Whether you are new to Web 2.0 or an experienced user you will find something to use in teaching or personal use as well as incorporate the technologies into your learning environment that today’s students expect.