All students are encouraged to prepare a “go-bag” for the potential need to quickly move into quarantine or self-isolation.
Supplies for Your Go-Bag:
• Cleaning supplies: Pack EPA-approved disinfecting wipes to use in your living spaces before, during, and after any possible isolation or quarantine. You will need to use these in any common areas of your residence while you are in isolation, quarantine, or anytime you are not feeling well.
• Self-care medications: Pack fever/pain reducers such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Motrin). Do not use multi-symptom medications in combination with these, as it can be easy to take too much. You may want lozenges for sore throats or cough medications.
• Prescription Medications: Pack two weeks’ worth of any prescription medications you need. Speak with your provider about how you would access medications if you are in isolation/quarantine.
• Thermometer: Pack a digital thermometer that works under your tongue, is easy to use, and is not expensive to purchase. Make sure you have one with new batteries.
• Face Coverings: Pack multiple face coverings so you can wear a fresh one each day.
• Comfort Food: Pack your favorite comfort snacks and drinks, along with a reusable water bottle. Although the college will ensure meals are delivered to those isolating or quarantining on campus, your favorite snacks can sometimes provide comfort. Off-campus students should maintain a supply of food at home and be knowledgeable about ordering food delivery from their local grocery store.
• Comfortable Clothes: Pack a few days’ worth of comfortable clothes, including two weeks’ worth of undergarments.
• Hygiene Supplies: Pack shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, feminine products, etc.
• Pillow and Blanket/Sheets or Sleeping Bag
• Phone Charger
• Self-care items to support your overall well-being: art supplies, puzzles, crafts, playing cards, portable exercise equipment (like fitness bands, hand weights, or yoga mat), books, etc.
In addition to your Go-Bag, you should ensure your academic materials (laptop, books, etc.) should be readily accessible to be brought to you.