It’s Open Education Week!
An annual celebration, Open Education Week (OE Week) is an opportunity for actively sharing and learning about the latest achievements in Open Education worldwide.
Open Education Week was launched in 2012 by Open Education Global as a collaborative, community-built open forum. Every year OE Week raises awareness and highlights innovative open education successes worldwide. OE Week provides practitioners, educators, and students with an opportunity to build a greater understanding of open educational practices and be inspired by the wonderful work being developed by the community around the world. See what’s happening all week and join live sessions via OE Week’s Schedule site.
What are Open Education Resources? Open Education Global defines them this way: OER are teaching, learning and research materials in any medium – digital or otherwise – that reside in the public domain or have been released under an open license that permits no-cost access, use, adaptation and redistribution by others with no or limited restrictions.
Open Education Global is a member-based, global, non-profit supporting the development and use of open education around the world to:
- expand access to education enabling every person on earth to access and contribute
- improve the quality of education
- make education more affordable
- improve student success
- foster collaboration and sharing through co-creation of education materials and the freedom to use, customize, improve and redistribute them
- generate pedagogical innovation using the collaborative, interactive culture of the Internet
- foster international partnerships and a global participatory culture of learning, creating, sharing and cooperation
Interested in talking more about Open Education Resources at Ursinus? Contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note that much of this content is taken from Open Education Global’s website)
Librarian of the College