This position is responsible for installing, maintaining, operating and repairing all forms of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, equipment and components (associated pumps, valves and controls) at Ursinus College. Employees of Ursinus College must possess excellent customer service skills, interpersonal skills and have an overall concern for the general welfare of the college and community and provide the best possible environment for education and student living.
- Repair and Maintenance of HVAC equipment.
- Repair and adjustment of equipment to ensure proper indoor comfort.
- Ability to diagnose equipment deficiencies.
- Equipment trouble shooting.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all types HVAC equipment.
- Ability to keep accurate records as needed.
- Maintain parts and supplies for A/C and refrigeration equipment.
- Installation of HVAC equipment.
- Knowledge of split systems, air handlers, condensing units, ice machines, boilers, pumps, valves, etc.
- Perform low voltage control wiring and diagnostics.
- Ability to read blueprints and diagrams.
- Supply own trade tools and hand tools.
- Respond to on – call and after hours emergencies.
- Ability to carry out basic plumbing, mechanical and electrical tasks.
- Special events support and snow removal as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Requirements and Qualifications
- Possess five years’ experience maintaining, repairing, or installing refrigeration and HVAC units, equipment, and systems.
- CFC Refrigeration Certification type II or Universal.
- Strong ability to make sound professional judgement and uphold ethics and confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills and ability work independently or as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and personally accountable.
- Available and willing to be called upon any time, including off working hours to handle emergency duties.
- Ability to climb and maneuver on tight spaces, ladders, and work and staging platforms; ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds; strong ability to climb over and around equipment in construction locations; and ability to work 80-90% of the time standing.
- Strong ability to read and comprehend plumbing, electrical and mechanical plans and wiring diagrams; and adhere to safety guidelines.
- Valid driver’s license.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Metal fabrication and welding
- Sheet metal work
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment