Ursinus College participates as a member of the Centennial Conference at the NCAA Division III level. The sports medicine department provides athletic training services to 25 Division III intercollegiate sport teams. This position assists the Director of Sports Medicine in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the sports medicine department.
- Provide athletic training services for the College athletic department as directed by the Director of Sports Medicine, including attendance at scheduled team practices and competitions as deemed necessary
- Assist in the coordination of scheduling all student-athletes for physical examinations, and medical referrals
- Assist the athletic staff in efforts of injury prevention
- Administer and oversee general athletic training room duties
- Supervise Ursinus College athletic training aides
- Serve as a preceptor to West Chester University athletic training students assigned to Ursinus College athletic trainers, as per our agreement with West Chester University
- Manage the medical records and insurance claims for assigned athletic teams
- Consult with the Team Physician(s) for guidance on the treatment of injured student-athletes, and report on their progress
- Assist in recruiting and maintaining local physicians to serve as team physicians and medical consultants, and to assist with pre-participation physical examinations.
- Maintain the athletic training facilities, and equipment, in good working condition and meticulous sanitation
- Maintain supplies for the treatment of injuries, first aid, and rehabilitation
- Maintain diligent and concise medical records, and assist with the compilation, input, organization, and maintenance of all medical records on college student-athletes and share in the responsibility of maintaining and organizing the sports medicine clinic filing system
- Travel with assigned athletic teams, as necessary
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in athletic training from a CAATE accredited Athletic Training Program
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in making critical decisions regarding health, safety, and well-being of student-athletes
- Current good standing BOC certification
- Pennsylvania State License in athletic training, or eligible for such
- Current and active First Aid / CPR / AED certification
- Two years of professional experience in athletic training at the high school or collegiate level, football experience preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift, carry, and transport equipment and supplies up to 50 pounds
- Frequent prolonged periods of standing or walking
- Frequently works outdoor practices and games in varying temperatures and weather conditions
- Frequent after-hours work (early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays)
- Occasionally operates motor vehicles, including golf carts
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.