The Assistant Director for Employer Engagement develops and nurtures employer relationships that yield high-quality internship and job opportunities as well as informal mentorship for Ursinus College students and alumni. The Assistant Director will report to the Director of Career and Post-Graduate Development and be responsible for leading a comprehensive employer engagement strategy in a liberal arts setting.
- Implement a comprehensive employer engagement strategy representing the interests of Ursinus College students and alumni.
- Cultivate, nurture, and expand relationships with local and regional employers and organizations to secure internship and job opportunities for students and alumni. Strengthen strategic partnerships by implementing customized recruiting and branding/campus engagement plans.
- Serve as point of contact for all employer inquiries and outreach.
- Manage contact notes, approve new employers and job postings via Handshake system.
- Direct strategic engagement of Employer Advisory Board.
- Develop opportunities for cross-campus collaboration with faculty and staff to identify and promote unique value propositions for recruiting Ursinus College talent.
- Collaborate closely with Alumni Relations and Advancement in engaging alumni as employers.
- Recruit employers for annual career fair. Organize employer networking luncheon.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director in organizing and facilitating Externship Program.
- Represent Ursinus College in local and regional professional community including attending various Chamber of Commerce functions and similar events.
- Organize and facilitate employer and graduate/professional school visits including Information Sessions, Info Tables, On Campus Interviews and Employer In Residence program.
- Develop and enforce student and employer policies regarding recruiting practices.
- Review resumes and cover letters and provide career coaching on job application/interview processes.
- Participate in staff and campus activities and engage in professional development, which may include regional, state and national organizations.
- Oversee on campus job posting process. Communicate with department “employers” across campus to train and provide guidance on using Handshake. In collaboration with the Director, develop educational materials and programming related to on campus employment for students.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, marketing, psychology, social sciences, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in a career services operation, directly related to employer relations, on-campus recruiting, human resources or marketing, or within a recruiting or business development function.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with diverse constituents including employers, faculty/staff, students, alumni, parents and other partners.
- Familiarity with the benefit of a residential liberal arts education and ability to articulate the value of liberal arts students to employers.
- Able to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
- High attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to initiate and manage multiple tasks, projects and events under competing deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Familiarity with job recruitment processes.
- Experience in marketing, program development, project management, and event planning.
- Understanding of current employment markets and recruiting trends, career services, and college student development.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to engage in occasional regional travel.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s degree in higher education, counseling, or related field.
- 3 years of relevant experience in a career services operation, directly related to employer relations, on-campus recruiting, human resources and career development, marketing, or within a recruiting or business development function.
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.