The HR Generalist (Benefits and Salary Administration) is responsible for the overall implementation of all employee benefits programs offered by Ursinus College. The HR Generalist is also responsible for the overall implementation of salary administration for all employees in the payroll system. The HR Generalist performs varied administrative and specialized tasks in support of the day-to-day administration of the employee benefits programs and salary administration.
- Manage the administration of all employee benefits programs including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance, retirement, Emeriti program, HSA & FSA, and other related plans.
- Act as liaison with all carriers and brokers of insured benefits for issues with claims, employee concerns, and administration of plans
- Under general direction of the AVP, manage the daily administration of the annual open enrollment functions.
- Administer all COBRA processes.
- Assist with payment and reconciliation of related benefits bills, including electronic transmissions, in a timely manner. Reconcile College accounts associated with all benefits plans on a monthly basis to ensure proper accounting of all payroll deductions.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations associated with the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Work in ADP system to track workloads of part-time employees, calculate and submit payment of various fees associated with the ACA, and implements tracking systems necessary to stay in compliance with the ACA.
- Assist in coordination of onboarding of all new employees, including one-on-one meetings, benefits review and enrollments.
- Assist with employment and benefits data through databases, spreadsheets and reports.
- Manage leave requests (Medical Leave of Absence and FMLA leave) and processes in accordance to HR policies and practices.
- Coordinate with AVP and Administrative Coordinator for associated benefits changes to departmental webpage.
- Document HR processes for all aspects of benefits administration.
- Assist with Wellness Initiatives including attending committee meetings, providing support of wellness funding and coordinating programming
- Provide excellent customer service support to employees in a timely, professional manner relating to benefit inquiries and claims concerns/issues.
- Manage the administration of all salary exchanges for both the biweekly and monthly payrolls; including creating offer letters for new hires, inputting all salary related changes into ADP for the appropriate pay period and reviewing payroll for accuracy before final submission.
- Assist with tracking of paid and unpaid time off, leaves, and electronic timesheet submissions.
- Assist employees with access to ADP, timesheets, and any information needed within the ADP system.
- Provide excellent customer service support to employees and departments in a timely, professional manner relating to all salary or paycheck inquiries.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, communications, or related field required. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes related to the position.
- Minimum three years’ human resource administrative experience in progressively responsible positions. Demonstrated experience should include - management of highly sensitive information; management of multiple conflicting priorities; and facilitation of communication between numerous parties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of benefits management.
- Strong skills and experience with Microsoft Office, particularly spreadsheets, word processing and outlook is essential.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Full understanding of applicable HR statutes and regulations such as ADA, COBRA, FMLA, FLSA, HIPAA, OSHA and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 required
- Excellent experience in ADP, and understanding of systems for the associated platforms.
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach.
- Prior experience in higher education a plus.
- Professional designation (PHR/CEBS) a plus.
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.