The Assistant Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness is a full-time position that supports the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. Under the general direction of the Director, the Assistant Director develops and produces statistical and analytical reports that provide relevant and timely information for internal institutional reporting, planning, assessment, and decision-making. The Assistant Director also generates and maintains standardized and accurate reports to coordinate and complete the College’s responses to external data requests. The Assistant Director collaborates with campus constituents, particularly concerning matters of retention and student success, for the ongoing development of datasets, research methods, tools and analyses.
- Present complex information in forms, both visually and written, that are understandable to a variety of audiences including faculty, staff, and students and contextualize information in the framework of Ursinus and the field of higher education
- Drive the use of data and analytical tools to provide statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and visualization of data to support decision-making
- Collaborate and assists with institutionally focused analyses, studies, and reports in support of institutional grants, accreditation, compliance, and external reporting requirements
- Access, collect, refine, and manage complex and disparate datasets from internal and external information systems, surveys, and data stewards
- Generate and maintain standard data reports (e.g. Common Data Set) and coordinate and complete the College’s timely response to external data requests (e.g. US News and World Report, Princeton Review, etc.)
- Assist in the administration and analysis of annual institution surveys (e.g. NSSE) and produce reports based on their results
- Assist in the monitoring and analysis of student success metrics to support retention efforts and strategies
- Provide consultation and expertise to institutional offices and departments regarding research method and design and analyses
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in data analysis and statistical interpretation required
- Experience within the field of higher education required; within the field of Institutional Research preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to take initiative and work independently given broad goals/guidelines/parameters by developing strategies to meet data needs, resolve problems and complete projects with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Applied knowledge of statistical methodologies and quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Ability to effectively interpret both inferential and descriptive statistical results and present findings using appropriate data visualization techniques; proficiency in Tableau preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills to multi-task efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a variety of constituencies (students, faculty, and staff)
- Proficiency in a statistical analyses software package required; SPSS statistical software preferred
- Strong data management skills; experience using relational database systems preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.