Ursinus College, a Division III member of the NCAA and Centennial Conference, is seeking an assistant men’s basketball coach. This is a part-time position.
The primary responsibility will be to assist the head coach in all facets of the program, including, but not limited to:
- The recruitment of quality student-athletes
- Organization and planning of practices
- Game preparation
- Administrative duties
- Scouting and game film preparation
- Fundraising, monitoring of student-athlete academic progress
- Budget management
- Travel and compliance with NCAA, Centennial and Ursinus regulations
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous collegiate coaching and playing experience, preferably at the academic Division III level
- Experience and ability recruiting high level academic student-athletes is also preferred
- Strong administrative and organizational skills are required
- The ability to inspire and mentor Ursinus College student-athletes in their quest for academic, social and athletic excellence is essential
- Ability to establish a good rapport and effective working relationships with student-athletes, parents, administrators, faculty, staff and the community is required
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.