This position will assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with all aspects of the Strength and Conditioning Program, including the training process of 25 varsity athletic programs. Must be able to lead team workouts and provide a safe and effective training environment. Must be able to work with a diverse population. This is a part time position working around 25 hours per week.
- Assist with the design, development, and delivery of comprehensive strength, speed, agility, and conditioning programs for all assigned intercollegiate athletic teams
- Administer testing and performance measures for each team
- Teach proper techniques, and safety for all lifts and movement drills
- Implement and enforce all rules, policies and procedures with regard to the Strength and Conditioning program
- Assist with other sport programs and the day to day operation of the training facility as required by the Fitness Center Supervisor/Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Help with the coordination of digital programming and team workout schedules by corresponding with coaches/athletic trainers and team leaders
- Set-up and breakdown of equipment
- Help foster a positive and constructive training atmosphere.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution in Exercise Science or related field OR extensive professional experience in related field (required)
- Certification in one or more of the following: National Strength and Conditioning Association-CSCS, CSCCa-SCCC, USAW, NASM (required)
- Collegiate coaching experience is preferred
- Ability to work either early morning or evenings
- Work experience in the field of fitness/strength and conditioning/athletics
- Participation in varsity level collegiate athletics
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate and teach movements patterns and exercise technique
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.