The Support Services Assistant assists in the overall coordination and execution of college special events, office moves, resident halls, student workers and the campus van fleet. The Support Services Assistant works with the Supervisor of Support Services and the Service Response Coordinator to establish work priorities, allocate resources, work orders, customer follow-up and quality control. Employees of Ursinus College must possess excellent customer service skills and have an overall concern for the general welfare of the college and community and provide the best possible environment for education and student living.
- Dormitory work
- Establish work priorities.
- Ensure work orders are filled out properly and completely.
- Re-set resident hall dorm furniture.
- Inspect residence hall rooms for damage/repair, mid-year and after commencement.
- Inspect residence hall rooms prior to fall move in to ensure student/parent expectations are met.
- Project Coordination assistance
- Management of student workers.
- Check on status of work and clean up as needed.
- Furniture assembly and set up.
- Assist with daily and long-range planning
- Special Events & Programs support
- Campus event set ups.
- Plan and execute college moves.
- Coordination of rental items.
- Support summer programing.
- Interact with the college community
- Inventory & record keeping
- Furniture (classroom, lounge & dormitory)
- Space (living & storage)
- Resident hall vacuum cleaners.
- Maintain maintenance schedules of College van fleet.
- Solid waste & recycling program scheduling.
- Materials and resource procurement
- Assist with snow removal.
Requirements and Qualifications
- General knowledge of facilities trades and cleaning practices.
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift 50 - 100 pounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other supervisors.
- Ability to manage a student work group.
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High School Diploma.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 2-3 years facilities support experience.
- Forklift operator’s license.
- Pesticide License Core and Category # 23
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.