Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Alumni Relations & College Events, the Associate Director of College Events and Signature Programs is a key member of the team that is responsible for engaging external audiences in meaningful ways and hosting events that foster the mission of Ursinus, enhance its reputation and visibility and generate revenue. The Associate Director will be responsible for planning and implementing events that are college-approved and are directed at audiences of 100 or more. In particular, the Associate Director will implement those events most associated with the work of the Division of Advancement which will include but are not limited to the Leadership and Scholarship Dinner, Bear2Bear Benefit & Bash and large fundraising events both on and off campus.
- Full cycle responsibility for the college’s annual Bear2Bear Benefit & Bash fundraising event. Tasked with meeting a $100,000 fundraising goal through sponsorships, ticket sales, program ads and auction outcomes. Manages the Bear2Bear Volunteer Committee, and various prospects and donors most related to the Bear2Bear efforts.
- Full cycle responsibility for the annual Leadership and Scholarship recognition dinner, with responsibilities including securing venue, vendors, marketing, invitations, registration, logistics coordination and execution of the event. Also works closely with the Executive Director of Advancement Program to assist with program development, student speaker selection and video needs.
- Responsibilities for coordinating signature Advancement programs including the development of new and innovative activities to meet the interests and needs of alumni, marketing and communications to drive participation, event management, internal coordination with campus partners and the engagement of alumni throughout the experience.
- Serves on the college’s Arts and Lectures Committee and helps to plan and execute up to three cultural events/programs approved and supported by the Committee.
- Responsible for planning and executing the college’s annual Founders celebration for the campus community.
- Assists the Executive Director and other members of the AR/CESP Team with web presence on the Ursinus College website as well as digital marking for upcoming events on Ursinus’s social media platforms.
- Attends and participates in departmental and volunteer meetings as required.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and team members in the Advancement Office and throughout the college. Participates in Advancement Office meetings and other key college staff meetings
- Possesses knowledge and experience with computer programs that support the Advancement Department including Microsoft Office programs and Raiser’s Edge.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three-five years of experience working in a higher education environment.
- A strong understanding of advancement events and the ability to think critically, strategically and creatively.
- Strong attention to detail and highest commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities.
- Demonstrated creative and strategic-thinking qualities.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of people including students, faculty, staff, senior leadership, donors and volunteers
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Proven ability to track and manage multiple, simultaneous projects of high priority and with competing deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, and the ability and willingness to learn new technologies, including software, databases; and web-based applications.
- Tact, discretion and experience handling confidential information appropriately.
- Strong understanding of higher education or non-profit fundraising and understanding of and appreciation for private liberal arts education.
- Large- and small-scale event planning experience.
- Ability to sit for long periods at personal computer performing related functions
- Occasional travel to for conferences, to meet with vendors or to staff college events
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as necessary
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.