The Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist will support digital marketing and communication strategies for both enrollment and college-wide initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position drives the social media strategy to attract and engage target audiences, including prospective students, current students and alumni. This individual also supports the college’s video, photo, website and digital advertising needs and strategies. Successful candidates will be creative, detail-oriented and data driven, and will possess a can-do attitude and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage the day-to-day creation and execution of a social media editorial calendar that supports undergraduate recruitment goals, builds affinity, and enhances the college’s brand recognition
- Play a key role in planning, development and execution of the college’s video and photographic storytelling for social media and other digital communications
- Share metrics on campaign performance on a regular basis and make recommendations on adjustments or opportunities
- Assist with project management and coordination of vendors, including paid advertising, videographers and photographers
- Monitor social channels for community engagement, conversation opportunities and reputational threats. Respond appropriately to follower comments and messages
- Work with College Communications to disseminate timely institutional messages
- Follow social media best practices, and stay up-to-date on social media trends, tools, channels, design and strategy
- Work on special projects as needed, including occasional events on nights and weekends, such as admission events, commencement ceremonies, etc.
- Update PowerPoints for Admission and Student Financial Services’ usage;
- Assist with the ordering of admission marketing materials, including promotional items and signage
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in marketing, communications, or related field
- Experience distilling complex, nuanced information into engaging and understandable social media posts, articles, website copy
- A fundamental understanding of social media metrics and how to use data to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, and produce high-quality work on deadline
- Familiarity with the strategic use of social platforms for brand awareness, reputation management and community engagement
- Ability to work both independently and with teams and proactively solve problems
- Excellent organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills;
- Basic working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite a plus. Experience using a design and video editing software is a plus
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.