The Associate Director of Marketing, (ADM) in tandem with the Communications and Enrollment divisions, will create compelling, brand driven content to ensure the Ursinus student and academic experience is conveyed to prospective audiences in a compelling manner. Not only will this role be responsible for helping to generally raise awareness of the college brand in a measurable way but will also execute effective strategies to manage the prospective student journey from inquiry to enrollment.
The ADM will lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication plan supporting the undergraduate and transfer enrollment process.
Working with enrollment operations, the ADM will oversee the creation and execution of all electronic communications in our CRM Slate and collaborate with support staff as it relates to mailings, emails and inquiry fulfillment. The ADM will also ensure that communication efforts from deposit to matriculation are seamless and robust. The ADM will collaborate between academic and non-academic areas of the campus community and assist with the marketing needs for recruitment events.
- In cooperation with Communications and the college’s Office of Admission, Enrollment Operations and the Office of Student Financial Services, the ADM is primarily responsible for strategizing, managing and executing the comprehensive communications flow for the Office of Admission and related initiatives to support undergraduate enrollment goals and events
- Provide creative leadership, development and implementation of marketing and related communications strategies for the enrollment cycle
- Support the Director of Marketing in implementing, and assessing the performance of, an ambitious digital marketing campaign to support recruitment objectives
- Develop materials for use at events and on the road, and manage the annual editing and proofing process of print materials, consulting campus partners for statistical updates
- Create, segment and execute a robust electronic communication plan to identified groups of admission prospects and related audiences through our CRM, working with Operations and with particular focus on quality control and email best practices
- Research new trends to improve effectiveness of content
- Maintain enrollment web pages, and work with the Director of Web Strategy and Content to optimize pages for prospective students and families
Requirements and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or creative field is required; master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years professional experience in higher education admissions communications and marketing or related field required
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience developing and executing email marketing campaigns, using data to inform decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including advanced working knowledge of all MS Office applications
- Ability to work effectively with multiple departments while managing multiple, time sensitive projects
- Have the ability to exercise and apply sound judgment and decision-making skills as well as the ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of data
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required
- Possess a strong work ethic, good sense of humor, excellent strategic thinking abilities, and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.