Student Experience Systems Administrator
Fully Remote Option
Ursinus College is searching for a motivated, enthusiastic, and proficient Slate user to advance the College’s innovative implementation of Slate as a critical function of student success and retention efforts. Candidates with various levels of Slate expertise are encouraged to apply and salary will be commensurate with experience.
As a critical member of the Student Affairs team, the Student Experience Systems Administrator (SESA) oversees, manages, and serves as the technical lead for the college’s student success CRM platform, Technolutions Slate, to support the institution’s retention goals, relating to the areas of advising, early alerts, user management, and data reporting. The SESA provides leadership and technical guidance in the management, maintenance, and administration of Slate, Maxient, and StarRez.
The SESA will be responsible for building reports and queries to inform both internal and external audiences of key retention metrics and data. The SESA must be technology and detail-oriented, as the position is responsible for the accuracy and effectiveness of retention data entry, data operations, and reports.
The SESA is the technology liaison between student affairs and partners in information technology, enrollment, academic affairs, health and wellness, inclusion and community engagement. The SESA must have leadership, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on areas related to technology for student affairs
- Maximizes Slate functionality and effectiveness by implementing new features, and/or updating existing ones in our Slate instance, including but not limited to: portal management, and workflows, rules and population management
- Responsible for the import of data from all sources and the creation of queries to review the quality of the data as new records are created
- Promote and manage the accuracy and integrity of student success data in Slate by researching and reconciling data discrepancies occurring among the various stages of the data flow process
- Serve as the technology liaison to other departments to ensure data migration integrity between Slate and other campus systems such as Colleague, Maxient, and StarRez
- Collaborate with the Director of Enrollment Research and Analytics, as well as Institutional Research and Effectiveness staff, for data management and internal and external reporting
- Maintain knowledge of Slate best practices and be self-motivated to innovate usage and processes accordingly
- Serve as a strategic visionary as related to how Slate can be utilized to maximize efficiencies and meet retention and student success goals
- Manage workflows related to early alerts and other student success initiatives
- Manage the day-to-day technical processes, provide technical and user support, and train staff members on technical functions whenever appropriate
- Leverage Slate forms, deliver campaigns and portals to assist campus partners with sharing information with students
- Problem solve technical issues and coordinate processes and respective communication with other college offices
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required, graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years directly working within a CRM system is required; preference given to those with a minimum of 2 years working with Slate in a technical capacity
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience required, preferably in higher education or related educational industry
- Familiarity with portal, query and report building required
- Experience with workflow processes and deliver and drip campaigns preferred
- Possess a strong work ethic, excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and a willingness to learn new skills and technology
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.