Endpoint Support Coordinator
The Endpoint Support Coordinator is responsible for the configuration, deployment, and ongoing maintenance of endpoints (i.e., laptops and desktop computers) owned by the College using automated tools. This position will install, test, and deploy endpoints throughout the campus using our Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) system, setting initial configurations and regularly updating them with patches and updates, as well as new versions of college-approved software throughout their useful life cycle. The position requires the ability to understand the total endpoint environment holistically as a fleet of similar devices operating under a consistent set of rules, while also being able to articulate and engineer seamless processes to continue remote maintenance of each endpoint over time, ensuring a minimum of effort and disruption to the users.
This position requires an extreme sensitivity to balancing the needs of individuals to be productive with robust and easy-to-use technology along with the need for the college to protect its sensitive digital assets with well-defined and robustly applied rules and procedures.
The Endpoint Support Coordinator must work effectively with the other members of the Information Technology group and have strong organizational skills and problem-solving abilities. The position will also be involved in the development and enforcement of appropriate college policies that will govern endpoint security that is a key element of the college’s cybersecurity protections.
- Maintain and manage commercial Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tools, scripting, and reports to ensure the security and availability of college owned endpoint devices.
- Develop and deploy scripts to automate deployment and configuration of college owned endpoints based on agreed-upon college standards, expanding our ability to provide proactive services to the campus community that solve problems before they happen.
- Use the TeamDynamix ticketing system to track the progress of service requests as they relate to RMM-controlled endpoint devices and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students as to the status of their requests.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for hardware and software issues including peripherals associated with endpoints, such as docking station, scanners, and scientific equipment as necessary.
- Write and update documentation regarding endpoint processes and train others.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Operations to maintain an accurate inventory of all college endpoints and managed computer peripherals. Ensure that all endpoints are periodically inventoried and accounted for, and that they are retrieved when not in use.
- Partner with Technology Support in creating effective and efficient processes to issue and collect endpoints from faculty and staff and ensure compliance and accountability, while also working to improve their processes and productivity.
- Keep abreast of current issues and trends with endpoint management via peer groups, industry articles, vendors engagement etc., in addition to periodic professional training.
- Engage with Information Technology staff as well as other faculty and staff to understand and adapt processes and software to meet emerging needs of employees across campus.
- Work closely with Information Technology staff on major projects including new systems implementations and upgrades (for example, student information systems, office productivity suites, development software suites).
- Attend mandatory college training and follow all relevant college policies.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associates Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a dynamic and demanding information technology support environment including workstation and network infrastructure support
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service environment with a commitment to quality service
- Familiarity or experience using industry standard RMM tools.
- Good organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines consistently, while maintaining high quality and minimizing disruptions to users of those devices.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of constituents at their comfort level with technology.
- The ability to work effectively to support and enhance formal and informal teams in their performance and effectiveness to reach college and departmental objectives.
- Safeguard confidential information and educate others as needed for information security.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing/resolving hardware and software problems on endpoints with a variety of applications and network services.
- Able to sit for long periods at a workstation performing computer-related tasks.
- Able to use telephone and remote assistance software to work with users, but also able to go to the user location as appropriate if there is an issue preventing troubleshooting and diagnosis/resolution remotely.
- Opportunities to visit classrooms and office spaces to evaluate needs, assist in use or arrangement / relocation of technology assets.
- Work with a small departmental team and various cross-departmental teams.
- Medium to light physical labor - able to lift and move boxes or equipment up to 25 pounds, push loaded carts, etc.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- General networking knowledge including familiarity with infrastructure hardware, testing, and using network resources effectively.
- Project team experience from requirements gathering through post-implementation.
- Familiarity with general information security and the aspects associated with the end-user computing experience including social networking, e-mail, document encryption, password safety, computer viruses/malware etc.
- Knowledge of Ursinus College mission and programs.
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.