The Manager of Web Content and Analytics supports and works closely with the director to manage, develop, and maintain our outward-facing website, www.ursinus.edu, and related digital initiatives, as well as a new internal web portal. This individual plays a key role among a highly integrated marketing communications team, along with partners across campus, to ensure our web presence is dynamic and informative. The manager should have a combination of technical experience; excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; and a strong understanding of content management systems, marketing, and web analytics. Additionally, this role is responsible for assessing the performance of the website and optimizing its content, ultimately measuring key data and usage trends across our integrated digital environment. This individual should enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment that is proud of its collective work, but who also enjoy each other’s company and know how to have a good time.
- Manages content, design, and development of www.ursinus.edu and related web properties. Implements web best practices regarding responsive web design, accessibility compliance, and search engine optimization. Troubleshoot and debug technical issues as needed.
- Manages Ursinus’s website analytics using GA4 and translates trends into actionable communication strategies and recommendations. Prepares customized reports of web analytics with a focus on engagement and user experience analysis. Oversees an extensive network of campus users and property configuration.
- Services all campus departments with support, training, and strategy development as it pertains to specific web development requests, while ensuring the website stays relevant and remains in alignment with institutional priorities and brand goals, especially concerning enrollment. Provides individual and group trainings to web content editors and manages the execution of institutional and division-level web projects that advance our brand and prioritize our strategic framework.
- Identifies and executes SEO strategies that test ideas to drive engagement and brand awareness.
- Conceptualizes, plans, and co-manages elements of a campus-wide intranet, a new platform for student and faculty/staff communication being introduced in 2024. This includes the creation and delivery of a new, 3x-per- week newsletter for internal audiences.
- Assists with management of campus life channel (tv monitor system throughout campus) and finds innovative ways to promote key messages using this (and related digital) platforms across campus.
- Executes day-to-day website content updates
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years of experience and an understanding of the non-profit and/or higher education space is desired
- Familiarity and experience with Google Analytics (understanding of changes and impacts of GA4)
- Strong understanding of visual storytelling, branding, web and/or digital marketing—particularly as they relate to enrollment
- CMS experience required (we use a proprietary higher-ed based CMS, Livewhale, and training will be provided)
- An understanding and practical application of basic HTML/CSS and other web technologies preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and socialize new web strategies to partners across campus
- Ability to think strategically about the College’s brand identity and marketing strategies
- General interest and understanding of the latest trends and developments in website effectiveness, including SEO, design, and mobile optimization
- Experience in the higher education sector and/or digital marketing preferred
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team environment
- Strong ability to prioritize projects, be resourceful and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Contribute both tactically and strategically to the editorial direction and content using SEO best practices
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.