The Campus Safety Shift Supervisor manages the on-shift supervision of the campus safety team, actively patrols the campus, responds to and assumes initial control of all incidents/emergencies on campus, and directs, prioritizes, and oversees work assignments. This position requires the ability to serve in an on-call capacity and is expected to be available for nights, weekends, holidays, special events, and shift coverage; to include Homecoming, Commencement, and mandatory monthly team meetings and professional development. This position is classified as essential personnel and will be expected to respond to incidents if the need arises.
The days and hours for this position are: Wednesday to Saturday 9:00 pm – 7:00 am
Supervision and Scheduling
- Ensures that each shift is adequately staffed
- Disseminates information to campus safety staff regarding scheduled events, special requests, and situations that occurred on prior shifts
- Ensures that all campus safety employees are carrying out assigned duties and accomplishing tasks as outlined in standard operating procedures and direction from campus safety leadership
- Ensures all incidents are documented in a timely manner and that proper notifications have been made
- Demonstrates honesty and professionalism in their actions and holds their assigned employees accountable to the same standards
Training and Onboarding
- Responsible for the on-the-job training of personnel assigned to their shift; including on-boarding and training of newly hired staff
- Assists campus safety leadership in creating and implementing policies, procedures, and training guidelines.
- Assists in completing staff performance evaluations and documents disciplinary action when necessary
- Assists in the maintenance of all campus safety vehicles and equipment
- Assists in the administrative management of the department
- Maintains close and effective working relationships with staff, students, and the Ursinus community
- This position is a Campus Security Authority as designated under the Jeanne Clery Act of 1990
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred. A minimum of five years’ experience in security, military, law enforcement, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain professional rescuer CPR certification, Narcan administration certification, applicable FEMA NIMS certificates, and regularly attend trainings on Title IX, the Clery Act, and other training courses as designated.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and administrative skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Patrolling assigned areas during all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time
- Walk up and down stairs
- Able to lift 30 pounds
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.