Environmental Health and Safety

Ursinus College strives to provide a safe and healthy working and living environment for all employees, students, and visitors.

The Office of Environmental Health and Safety & Risk Management works with all departments to ensure compliance with applicable workplace safety and environmental regulations.  Employees are encouraged to work closely with management to reduce and prevent safety, health, and environmental hazards.

Report unsafe conditions or hazards to Facilities at 610-4093-3598 or ext. 3598.  If there is immediate danger to persons, call Campus Safety at 610-409-3333 or ext. 3333

Incident/Accident Report Forms

Indoor Environmental Quality

Environmental factors arising in or from the workplace can have the potential to cause sickness, impaired health and well-being, or significant discomfort to employees. If you become aware of any health hazards or complaints due to suspected health hazards in any building, please contact the Office of Environmental Health and Safety & Risk Management at 610-409-3221 or ext. 3221 and Facilities at 610-409-3221 or ext. 3598 who will implement an industrial hygiene investigation to determine the source of the issue and develop corrective actions to control the issue.


  • Start your new year and semester off right!  Re-assess your home or work office setup to maintain proper body alignment, personal comfort, and physical well-being.  Check out all the available resources here.  

    If you are working from home,

    • Designate a specific area that has limited distractions and natural lighting, if available.
    • Use a work surface that is 28-30 inches high.
    • Use a chair that supports your lower back.
    • Utilize a keyboard and mouse when using a laptop for an extended period.
    • Raise the laptop height by using books, reams of paper, or another sturdy object so that you view the screen at or near the top.
    • Take micro-breaks every hour.
    • Stretch frequently and re-adjust in your chair or standing position.

    Need further assistance?  Contact Carol McMillin  at cmcmillin@ursinus.edu to set up an in-person (if on campus) or virtual (if working remotely) ergonomic assessment.

  • All employees are expected to work safely and to follow college safety policies and procedures. To learn more about the college’s safety policy, your responsibilities for safety, injury reporting, reporting of workplace hazards, how to make suggestions to improve workplace safety, and reporting indoor environmental quality issues, click on the links provided below. After reviewing the information, if you have any questions, please contact Kelley Williams, Associate Vice President of Human Resources, or Carol McMillin, Director of EHS & Risk Management..


    What is the college’s Safety Policy?

    Who are the members of the Safety Committee and where can I access the meeting minutes?

    What are my responsibilities for safety as an employee/supervisor/manager (including student employees)?

    What should I do if I suffer a work-related injury?

    How do I report unsafe conditions/hazards or make suggestions to improve workplace safety?

    How do I report indoor environmental quality issues?

  • AEDs (automated external defibrillators) located in most buildings on campus may emit “chirping” sounds. The “chirps” indicate a problem with the unit such as the need for a battery replacement or a failure internally. Click here for more information.

Ritter 112
Environmental Health & Safety and Risk Management
Carol McMillin 

Ph: 610-409-3221 or
Ph: 610-409-3598
Meet Carol