How To Connect
In Room Requirements:
- Cable TV Drop: There is usually one cable outlet per room.
- Coaxial Cable: You will need your own coaxial cable to connect your television to the cable receiver. Coax cables are available in the school bookstore.
- If you have trouble setting up channels please find your brand and model and look up your tv setup manual via google by typing this information into a search box. If you do not have this we will have trouble assisting when you call.
Steps To Connect:
- Connect your coax cable to the cable connector on your data wall plate. Screw the connector clockwise until it is hand tight.
- Connect the other end of the coax cable to your TV.
- Turn your TV on and make sure it is set for Cable Television (CATV) reception, not Antenna (ANT or AIR).
To receive HDTV:
You will need to have your TV scan for these channels. Instructions on doing this vary with TV makes and models. In general:
- Press the “Menu” button on your Digital TV remote
- Go to “Setup” or “Settings”
- Go to “Installation” or “System” or “Channels”
- Go to “Scan channels”, “Program channels”, “Autoscan”, “Autoprogram”, or “Autotuning”
- Press “Select” or “Enter” or “OK” to start the scan
*If these general directions do not apply to your TV, try searching google or bing for specific instructions to setup/channel scan cable service for your television’s make and model.