Prevention and Advocacy
We envision a community of students, faculty and staff who make thoughtful and responsible decisions in regard to their overall wellness leading to low rates of negative consequences from alcohol, drugs, and interpersonal violence.
The Office of Prevention and Advocacy provides health and wellness promotion, alcohol and drug education, and sexual misconduct prevention programs. These outreach efforts empower students to become independent, responsible, and thoughtful leaders. The Office engages with all community members to develop moral courage, social responsibility, and healthy decision-making to create a respectful and safe living-learning environment.
For Faculty/Staff & Coaches
- Recognizing Distress
- Sign Up for Training: Alcohol, Drugs & Student Success (coming soon)
EverFi Wellness Course
All incoming students (freshmen and transfers) are required to complete EverFi Wellness Course. This course has 4 modules, each of which will be emailed directly to students on their Ursinus email account, throughout the summer:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion module
- Alcohol module
- Prescription and Other Drugs module
- Sexual Assault Prevention module
- *A follow-up called Mental Health and CoVid module will be sent and is optional for first years.
All upperclassmen students are required to complete ongoing EverFi modules. The upperclassmen course has 2 modules, each of which are emailed directly to the students.
- Mental Health and CoVid
- Sexual Assault Prevention (Either Healthy Relationships or Student Athletes depending on athletic status)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will be sent in the spring semester and is required for all upper-classmen
Services for Students:
- Campus-wide awareness events in collaboration with other departments and student groups
- Individual brief assessments for alcohol and other drugs and health coaching around wellness topics including mental, physical, spiritual, and social health. To make an appointment, email email@example.com
- Resources and referrals to on and off-campus supports including support for students in recovery
- Personalized group training sessions for student organizations including bystander intervention education
- Group educational classes and training sessions focused on low to no-risk choices around alcohol and other drugs
- Influence of Marijuana, Alcohol’s Impact and Event Director Training all take place multiple times each semester – visit those webpages to register to attend a training session
- New in 2020 - Creating a Culture of Care during CoVid class is available to reflect on “How we should live together?” during a pandemic.
Services for Faculty:
- Don’t Cancel That Class program providing guest speakers on wellness topics personalized to fit your syllabus. To request a guest speaker, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom support and resources for how to improve student’s academic success
Services for Coaches:
- Personalized training sessions connecting leadership among the team to leadership in a social setting including recognizing high risk behaviors such as hazing, substance use disorder, sexual misconduct, and impact of wellness, alcohol and drugs on performance including time-management, self-care, etc. To request a training, email email@example.com
- Private consultations regarding student-athlete concerns. To consult with the Director, email Katie Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view the 2018-2020 Biennial Review of the Ursinus Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program