Ursinus Science Scholars
A program to provide scholarships for highly motivated students with significant financial need who plan to major in Biology, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, or Neuroscience.
These scholarships are designed to provide academically talented students who demonstrate significant financial need with up to $8,000 a year in scholarship funding for four years. Scholarship recipients will also be invited to participate in programs that are designed to help them reach their fullest potential as Ursinus College students and graduates.
How to Apply
Apply to the College by January 1, 2021. We recommend that you apply at least a week prior to the deadline to allow ample time for scholarship application completion.
The FAFSA form must be completed by January 1, 2021.
The Ursinus Science Scholars Application must be received electronically by January 1, 2021.
Complete the online application: To apply students will login with the username and password sent to them upon application submission to Ursinus. Please check the email address associated with your application.
What are the criteria for selection?
Students who apply for this scholarship must fall into one of the following categories:
- US Citizen
- US National
- Alien admitted as refuge of the immigration and nationality act under Section 207
- Alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence
Strong candidates for these scholarships will be highly motivated, academically talented students who plan to major in Biology, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, or Neurobiology.
Applicants must show financial need using the criteria of the Ursinus College Office Student Financial Services.
Students who are first generation college students or from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
What are the terms of the scholarship?
Scholarship recipients will receive up to $8,000 a year for up to four years in addition to other aid depending on their individual financial need.
Programs for Ursinus Science Scholars include:
- A recitation program that accompanies BIO101 (the introductory biology course taken by most students in their first year at Ursinus). The recitation program will give students a boost in skills for classroom success.
- One-on-one special academic advising.
- The opportunity to compete for a research opportunity in the summer of the junior year that include a stipend and research supply funds.
- The opportunity to apply for travel funds to professional scientific meetings to present the findings of scientific research the student has done.
The academic progress of scholarship recipients will be evaluated yearly. To retain the scholarship, recipients must:
- Maintain an outstanding academic record
- Continue to major in Biology, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology or Neurobiology
- Be a full-time student in good standing at Ursinus College
Finalists will be contacted by email to set up an interview that will occur on campus or by telephone.
Scholarship recipients will be announced on February 17, 2021.