The dance department awards a scholarship of $40,000/year to an outstanding dance student with ability, commitment, and leadership.
How to Apply
Students interested in auditioning must:
- For top consideration, students should apply to the college Early Action by November 1 or Early Decision 1 by December 1 and complete the required supplemental application by January 3. Limited finalist spots are available for Regular Decision and Early Decision 2 students who apply to the college by January 1 and submit the supplemental application by January 3.
- Complete the online application by January 3, 2024. To apply students will login with the username and password sent to them upon application submission to Ursinus. Please check the email address associated with your application.
- Auditions will be held on campus in February.
On the Day of Auditions, Applicants are Required to:
- Take part in two audition classes taught by Ursinus faculty
- Discuss the question, “What is the meaning of dance in your life?” in an interview setting
- Submit a dance-related resume
Terms of the Scholarship
We encourage the scholarship recipient to pursue a major in Dance or a double-major in Dance and another discipline. The annual scholarship recipient must meet the following criteria in order for the scholarship to be renewed each year:
- participation (as a performer, crew member, or production team member) in the Ursinus College Dance Company concert every year
- enrollment in at least one 4-credit Dance course (or a combination of Dance courses for a total of at least 4 credits) each year
Please note that the Dance Scholarship replaces any Ursinus College Scholarship previously offered by Ursinus College.