Pregnant and Parenting Students
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is a Federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination based on sex in educational programs and activities, including academic, educational, extracurricular, athletic and other programs/activities at the college. This prohibition includes discrimination against pregnant and parenting students.
What types of adjustments may I request?
- breaks during class, as needed
- rescheduling tests or exams
- excusing absences due to pregnancy or related conditions
- providing alternatives to make up missed work
- submitting work after a deadline missed due to pregnancy or childbirth
- allowing excused absences for parenting students (mothers and fathers) to take care of sick children or take them to appointments
How do I request adjustments?
Students seeking a pregnancy adjustment should first contact the Title IX Coordinator at (610) 409-3590.
Students seeking adjustments for pregnancy-related conditions, should contact the Office of Disability and Access.
Pregnant and parenting faculty and staff should contact Human Resources to request specific adjustments.